Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My favorite morning

I woke up the morning of our wedding in my own bed....our space bed. No alarm went off. I just opened my eyes, just before the sun. I was snuggled up and warm....right next to the man whose arms I'd fallen asleep in. I slept well. I got a full night's sleep the night before my wedding - a thing I'd been told was impossible to accomplish.

"It's Christmas!"

He gave a very sleepy giggle. Of course, you all know, I didn't get married at Christmas. :) We meandered to the living room and shared a pot of coffee, nipped with hazelnut liquor and almond biscottis that were left over from making the favors. I made a good, homemade breakfast. He played video games. I sat at the kitchen table and scheduled a couple blogs for during the honeymoon while listening to our wedding playlists. We practiced our first dance in our lounging clothes (except I had my wedding shoes on, which is pretty funny with pajama pants). Then we showered, and he ran out for a few missing items and lunch for us and two bridesmaids. We were together, alone, until about 1:30pm. We left the house an hour later, with the two bridesmaids and all of our booty for the wedding packed neatly into my Element.

It was the most amazingly relaxed morning I have ever experienced. Thanks to my wonderful maids (and honorary extra maid), everything for the wedding that could be finished ahead of time, was. There was nothing lingering that needed our attention. We'd even loaded the car the night before. All we had to do was shower, and I had to do my makeup. Everything else had to wait til we got to the venue, and there was no need to worry about that ahead of time. We were utterly calm on our way out of the house. The stress that occurred after we arrived at the venue was made far more palatable by our slow, stress-free morning alone. It just strengthened what I already knew about our relationship - together, we are far more likely to succeed at whatever we put our minds to and far more effectively and efficiently than we could alone. It made me even more confident in the vows we would be making later that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment