Monday, February 22, 2010

And now for something completely different.....


Yeah, go Python fans, go.

So, the wedding should be in the books when this pops up. Now that all is said and done, I'd like to show you some of the insane projects I did. I only say insane because three of my bridesmaids, plus an extra friend for good measure, kept telling me it was while helping me finish the flowers after the rehearsal. And they didn't even see all the projects! Huh. I guess I just thought that's what people did. No?


So, first up.......my guestbook. I dislike guestbooks that you just sign your name. I'm just not looking for a roll call here people! So, I decided to try to make my own. It's a bit.....rustic. (Yeah, that's it. Rustic. That's the nice word for odd and utterly handmade, right?) So, I used plain cardstock for the pages, adding engagement photos and scrapbooking stickers. The covers were made of cardboard scored so that the book would open and covered in various remnants I found in craft stores. All of the parts were hole-punched so that I could hammer in grommets and hold the whole thing together with ribbon. Honestly, I completely love the outcome! It was a couple hours worth of work, but it's just what I'd hoped. And the cost was about the price of a journal at any large bookstore. The photos were the expensive bit....if roughly $11 can be called expensive. I sent the extra couple cents at an online photo printer for "professional" quality prints. Still not utterly professional, but better than glossies from the drug store.


It's being put out at the wedding with a sign that encourages people to write all over it! I hope they do. I'll show you photos later if they really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment