Saturday, May 29, 2010

Making use of everything

Since we decided to spend the money on engagement photos, I wanted to get the most bang for my buck out of it! I used those photos ALL over the wedding. Above is one of the two designs I did for our wine bottle vase centerpieces. These were a hit. Seriously. People snapped them up at the end of the evening.

This is the other design. The bottles had fake warning labels, an Italian "title bar", and a quote that represented us.


I put photos in my handmade guestbook so that people could sign around the photos....and flip through it to see the best of the best of our engagement photos.


More guestbook.


I got a friend from work with amazing artistic talent to model gifts for our parents for all their help with our wedding. Each set of parents got their own 11x13 portrait. And this was incredibly affordable because the gentleman does it for fun, to keep his skills keen, and because he LOVES doing it. So, use your resources!


And I made little magnets out of our engagement photos for my family for Christmas gifts! I thought maybe it was a bit cheesy, but the response that I got from my family was anything but! They loved them. Who knew.

So, yes, we could have saved a bit of money by cutting out this process, but we would have missed out on the experience and all these little touches that I was able to incorporate into gifts and wedding decor. It was totally worth it!

Photos by A Love Story Photography, my father-in-law, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment