Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Treat #1


It’s FRIDAY! And do you know what that means?! Friday Treat! Well, I thought I was being a greedy bugger by not treating those who have been so gracious as to read what I’m driveling on about day after day. Google Analytics says there are a few of you out there reading (and not just me visiting the site), which has me over the moon! You have no idea how flattered I am, and I sincerely hope that you all continue to come back (maybe even let me know if I’m writing about anything of interest?)

So, as your very first Friday Treat, I give you my all-time, hands-down favorite treat beer: Delirium Tremens. There are a few things you can guarantee that I will love: Renaissance festivals (only made better by good friends dressed as “goofy” as I am and good beer in lovely handmade mugs), Irish pubs (again….made better by good friends and lots of Irish beer in tall, frosty pints), and wheat beers (especially the Belgian variety – which make the fact that I am to be wed to someone born in Belgium all the more delightful). Delirium Tremens comes in lovely ceramic-style bottles with a champagne-like cork. They offer it in an individual size and a “sharable” size that is very much akin to champagne. My preference is always for the larger, sharable size……because good beer is always better shared.

I actually have a wonderful memory of when my betrothed and I were still just courting. We picked up the large bottle of Tremens and of its brethren Delirium Nocturnum on the weekend when we had nowhere to be. We headed to my little cabin out in the woods and proceeded to share both bottles while snacking on cheese and crackers and watching the better part of Dexter Season One on disc on my tiny TV on my tiny loveseat with the cats trying to fit on it as well. I think that might have been the start of what we now call “beer and baby time”, and it’s a delightful tradition for us still.

Here’s to the weekend! You can find this lovely treat at most specialty beer-related establishments.

Photo from the Delirium site.

No comments:

Post a Comment