Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why a blog?


I was admittedly unaware of blogs in their entirety until very recently, when I told my betrothed that I was sick of the malarkey being doled out by the magazines and the big wedding websites. See, I do not feel there is a right and wrong for ALL WEDDING KIND! Just a write and wrong for us, and even then there are some grey areas. The must-do, never-do, oh my goodness what ARE you thinking sort of talk just pushed me over the edge.

Feeling defeated, I proclaimed to my betrothed that there was nothing good to read about weddings. Period. He asked if I'd bothered to read any blogs. Well, there are blog sections on The Schmott. "Those aren't blogs." "Oh?" "No type 'wedding blog' into Google." "Oh my goodness!!! Where to start??"

Thus discovering REAL blogs. By REAL women. What a wondrous thing! How smart and funny are you?? I haven't looked back. (Well, barely. I flip through the big wedding mags, but I've ceased buying them en masse.) I started with the saavy Sara and her oh-so-money saving ways. I read their entire story. Then I moved onto Meg! Oh my goodness, oh do I feel that we would be friends. I literally read her entire blog from beginning to current. I am now in the process of reading all of Peony's blogs from the beginning as well. I felt motivated and inspired after reading about the journeys of these amazing women. I also thought.....how cathartic! Then I read this entry, and it reminded me of exactly why we are holding a wedding. So, I feel I need to try this.

So, here I am, trying to express what it means to be going through the process of throwing a wedding and starting a marriage.....again. After failing so miserably at the first one and often being made to feel that I somehow do not deserve this. But they're wrong. Everyone deserves this. Everyone deserves to be loved and to give love, even after failing. And I am so grateful to be given a chance to do so by such a good man as he.

Image by Ruby Doll Creations on Etsy! Just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment