Friday, November 13, 2009

T-minus 100


We are 100 days out from the wedding as of today! After today, we are in the double digits of the countdown and that is oh so sweet. I think it calls for a celebration, yes? At the very least, it deserves a prost!

Prost: to being his Mrs. in just 100 days time! WOOT!

And so this brings me to the issue of celebrations. I love to celebrate things, no matter how large or small. We have a weekly celebration of the weekend. We even treat ourselves every Friday night to something decadent. We call it "Friday treat". This can be anything from rare specialty micro brew, a favorite bottle of wine, a nice smoked block of cheddar, homemade guacamole, or maybe even ice cream. Just something that cannot be properly appreciated during a tiring work work, but can be savored on a Friday evening, alone with my betrothed. We even celebrate our first date. Every month, he takes me on a date to the restaurant where we met and where he later proposed (his idea, not mine, and I swooned when he told me that he'd like to make that a tradition). It's heavenly, and I always look forward to it.

I think the celebrations bring us closer. They also help me focus on the positive. (Which is why I decided to write this about celebrating it ONLY being 100 day out and how happy a thing that is instead of it STILL being 100 days out or "Oh dear Lord, it's a 100 days out and we have ALL THIS left to do. Impossible!". Just saying. Focus on the positive.)

100 days......I can hardly wait.


Photo courtesy of Photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment