Friday, November 5, 2010

Food in Review

Welcoming the cold weather was the theme of the week!

Friday: Total cheat.  Manicotti from Central Market.  It was actually better as a left over than it was for dinner Friday night.  So, if you get this, bake it then save it for a day. 


Saturday: CHILI!!!!  I was so excited to make the chili (which I let cook all day long) that I forgot to take a photo.  Fail.  It was classic beef served with cheddar and sour cream with homemade cornbread on the side.  Perfect for celebrating Halloween with hairdresser bridesmaid.

Sunday: Chili nachos on organic blue corn chips.  I think they speak for themselves.

 

Monday: I used every left over veg in the fridge to make a stir fry.  I also used a new-to-me product, bean sprout noodles.  Yeah, they were mushy.  I wasn't a fan.  For a side, I stuffed leftover pablanos with a blend of cream cheese and cheddar, crusted in panko.

 
 

Tuesday: I wanted something German-inspired, which is why I got the red cabbage to begin with.  This was simply cabbage braised in apple cider and apple cider vinegar with chicken sausage.  Hit the spot!

 
 
Wednesday: The last of the chili was devoted to stuffed baked potatoes.  This is just one of my favorite things!  It's one of the reasons I make chili.  So good.


Thursday: You've seen these before....stuffed acorn squash with quinoa and sausage.  This fulfilled my weekly roasted squash craving. 


I hope you're Friday is as much fun as Riley's!

No comments:

Post a Comment