Monday, November 8, 2010

This week in raw

To continue my little adventure into raw, I've prepared myself a salad and a snack for the beginning of the week.

The salad is a take-off on a Waldorf salad.  My salad included organic New Zealand apples, halved grapes, diced organic red onion, and a dressing made of avocado, lime zest, lime juice, and sea salt.  The mixture was piled atop spicy organic arugula and sprinkled with raw sunflower seeds.  I think this is a total win!


For my snack, I made Blender Gurl's cashew cheese, but with what I had on hand. 

1 1/2 c soaked cashews
2 T nutritional yeast
2 t lemon juice (plus zest)
2 t sea salt
handful of cilantro

Pulse till crumbly.


I'll be enjoying this on Ezekial 4:9 bread.  No Ezekial isn't raw.  But it's sprouted and more nutritious than regular bread.  So, I find it to be a perfectly acceptable substitute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment