Monday, November 29, 2010

Recovery weekend

Everyone in the family seemed to be in recovery mode this weekend. 

Ms. Riley needed to heal her tummy from the obstruction.  This involved bills, supervised restroom walks, and trying to get as much food as possible into her tummy.  It also involved a lot of sleep.  Apparently trying to pass an obstruction is really hard work.

For the husband, it was recovering from a long break from one of his favorite hobbies.  His weekend consisted of caring for the sickly dog and miniature painting.  It's so nice to see him at it again.

Me, well, I've been sick for almost two weeks.  I haven't been sick enough to really warrant slowing down, but I've been sick enough to feel run down.  My body forced a full-stop this weekend.  I fell asleep Friday night (after working a full shift Friday) on the couch by 8pm.  I was in bed and completely out before 9.  I slept till 6am.  Saturday, after running some errands and getting lunch, I took a three hour nap on the couch.  I turned around and went to bed before 10pm and all three of us slept till 7am!  Totally unheard of since we got the dog.  To say the least, I felt the best I have in two weeks on Sunday.  I even manage to take Riley on a nearly hour long walk.  We both needed it.

Here's to hoping the vigor carries over into the week!  I hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment