Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

I don't know about you all, but I've always loved the eves better than the actual holidays.  Christmas Eve and New Years Eve just hold so much anticipation and magic. 

This morning, we're having breakfast with my family before we hit the road to the husband's parent's house.  I expect my grama will have a huge southern breakfast full of bacon-lard laden gravy!  Don't judge me too harshly, but bacon fat rules in gravy.  I usually don't make it that way, so I consider it a supreme treat!  Then this evening, we're having the Feast of the Seven Fishes with my in-laws because my mother-in-law is both very Catholic and pure-bred Italian.  I hear there is sea bass this year. 

I'll post the goodies I made for the family a little later (after they get them).  They are pretty darn tasty!  Till then, I hope you're with the people you love, enjoying the magic of Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, bacon fat in gravy TOTALLY rules!! Enjoy a bite for me!

    ReplyDelete