Monday, December 27, 2010

Overwhelmed

So, generous doesn't even begin to describe my family or in-laws.  They're all very giving people. And around the holiday's they're extra giving.  So, I got way more than I could possibly have guessed.  It was a little overwhelming!

 Reversible PJs and slippers from my mom. 

 Storage containers from my mom.  Apparently she saw my pathetic collection at Thanksgiving!  Hehe. 


Funny masks for the hubby and I from his brother.




These gorgeous hand-made earrings from my brother made by my insanely talented cousin in Seattle.  You can find her work here.  I have a pair of her Itty Bitties, similar to this but just two tiny rings, that I love that she gave me when I found out that I would probably be watched for cancer, well, forever.  And for my brother to order a pair, just for me, in colors I love from a lady I love.  They're just doubly special!  I cannot wait to wear them!!!

So, this BLEW me away.  I know how much these KitchenAid monsters cost!  I never, even asked for one....because I know how much they cost!  But the hubby knew I wanted one.  So, he told his parents to put all of their gift money toward me for this mixer and give him nothing (well, he benefits from me having the mixer, but still).  How sweet is that?!  Well, of course, they ignored him.  He got a very nice gift, but I still got the mixer.  I have visions of non-cinnamon rolls dancing in my head!

  
From left to right, a card from my grandparents, a gift certificate to a new spa from my bro, a card from my uncle, and a card from my mother-in-law.  The cards all had generous gifts inside!  My other uncle handed out gifts as well, I just didn't have a card to display to show it.  :)  And that spa thing is so cool!  It has like 7-8 different treatments, and I get to do them all!  I've had one massage and three pedicures in my life.  That's it.  So, as you can imagine, I am utterly thrilled to have that gift.  

Christmas has never been about "what can I get" for me, and I am not at all good at receiving really generous presents.  My family continues to awe me with their generosity year after year, nonetheless.  I am so grateful to have them!  I love you all. 

1 comment:

  1. I love those earrings so much! And hell yessssss for the stand mixer! You made out like a bandit girl, and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete