Monday, January 3, 2011

Everything in its place

Something has been vexing me.  And when I returned home with my lovely new stand mixer, I knew I had to do something about it. 

It started out simply as "find an appropriate spot for the new toy, er, highly-necessary piece of kitchen equipment" and turned into operation kitchen makeover! 

As I've told you all before, I have three coffee makers on my kitchen cabinets.  I know, I know.  Why does anyone need three different kinds of coffee maker?  And why does anyone need three different kinds of coffee makers OUT on the cabinets?!  Well, the espresso machine and the Keurig were both wedding gifts.  I purchased the standard coffee pot.  I didn't ask for the Keurig, but my brother loves his so much that he wanted me to have one.  We're both huge coffee lovers.  He's right; it's totally wonderful.  They're all out because I used them more when I can see them.  The same goes for the processor, and that's why I wanted the mixer out too. 

So, I cleaned off all the cabinets, wiped them down, and redesigned the kitchen countertops to accommodate my fun machinery. 

Still, I things didn't seem in their place.  That's because every cabinet and the pantry were a mess.  Fine, we can fix this too.

And so a project was born. 

The pantry before:





The process of cleaning the sty up:



The glorious aftermath:






Isn't it gorgeous?!  I'm so pleased with it.  I made more dough balls for a lunch with my aunt and cousin as well a few side projects, and it was so nice to be able to find everything!  Bliss!  This was accomplished by a flat of quart jars, a flat of pint jars, and several Better Homes and Garden's airtight canisters.  It wasn't the cheapest undertaking, but it is so satisfying!

It even inspired me to clean up the spices and plasticware.  I forgot to take before, but here is the after.

This is a good way to start the new year.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work!! I have been meaning to do the whole jar reality for a while now, but I can't afford it at the moment! Soon hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete