Thursday, January 27, 2011

Prescription for a daydream

What would change about my life if I didn’t have to go to work:
  • I’d workout.  No, not more.  Just workout.  I pretty much never do anymore.
 
  • I’d play with the dog WAY more.  As it stands, she gets about 10-20 minutes out of me in the morning and again in the evening, then I have more pressing things to do.
 
  • I’d cook more thoughtful meals for us.  Instead of simply QUICK meals with very little variety or creativity….because those things take time and are reserved for the weekend!
 
  • This blog would be WAY better.  More content, more photos, more life.  I don’t think any of you really want to hear about my day-to-day as an accountant, right?  
  • I’d have a clean house.  It’s currently covered in dog hair and puppy footprints.
 
  • I wouldn’t stress as much about work environment.  No, instead I’d stress about lack of funds….because apparently I require X amount of stress in my life in order to function.  I’m kind of ridiculous like that. 
  • We’d be on a MUCH tighter budget.   I’m already a cheapskate, so you can imagine!  Organic what?!  No, no, no.
  • I’d never be considering buying a new car while the Element was still running.  I’m kind of amazed I’m considering it anyhow!  It’s so not like my cheap self.  But there is a plan and sound reasoning in place.  
  • My Etsy shop would likely have merchandise in it.  Whoopsie!  Totally let that one fall by the wayside, didn’t I?
 

Don’t worry.  Nothing is changing.  I’m still going to work every day.  This was just a little exercise in daydreaming.  It was prescribed to me by my optometrist.  She told me that the best thing for my eye strain issues was simply to stop staring at the computer screen and let my eyes go out of focus a couple times a day.  This is the result of one of those unfocused moments. 

What would change about your life if you didn’t have to work? 

1 comment:

  1. I would volunteer my time at an animal shelter. I would do A LOT more yoga. I would cook more fun stuff. I would learn a lot more about gluten-free baking. I would learn how to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete