Saturday, September 25, 2010

Technology at its finest


This was scheduled to post on Thursday, but for some reason, it never did.  So, here you are....a couple days late.

Speaking of technology from yesterday….

Okay, so I was WELL behind the times.  But I made it work.  And thankfully, dating still works, even when you only have dial-up.  

I’m sure most of you know that I only tried online dating on a dare.  Well, rather, to prove someone that told me it was THE way to meet people wrong.  Yeah, both he and I are married to people we met on a little site called Match.  Those cheesy commercials?  They can happen.  We’re proof!  So are two of our friends that met on eHarmony and were in our wedding party together.   

Since I only did it to prove that you can’t find a suitable, dateable person; you can imagine my surprise when it only took two weeks to find Mr. Right.  I’m not saying it happens that way for everyone.  My husband was on it for quite some time and had a string of really bad first dates.  Thank God he persevered.  I’ve since become the self-proclaimed poster child for online dating.  Why did I ever doubt this would work?!  Ehm….probably because I was so far behind on the technological front that I still had dial-up…..in 2008.  Maybe?

As the self-proclaimed poster child, I feel compelled to tell you that if you’re single and skeptical of dating sites…..I challenge you to give it your best shot.  Let me be the person you want to prove wrong!  And if you do, please let me know how it goes.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment