Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bedding down


My betrothed and I made a huge purchase this weekend. On the first, we bought a brand new mattress! From a real mattress store! I've never done that.....EVER. I've always gotten hand-me-down mattresses or mattresses purchased at those seconds places that always look a tad sketchy. The mattress we'd been sleeping on was so bowed in the middle that we couldn't help but sleep on top of each other. It also loved to jab it's springs in my hips. Not the best recipe for a good night's sleep.

They delivered the mattress last night. We got one of those fancy space foam jobbies. It's odd. I think it forced us to sleep in appropriate positions and alignment and so we hurt in all new ways today....like you'd hurt after a massage. The good hurt.

There's a hazzard though....since it's all uniform, there is no lip to let you know you've reached the edge of the mattress! And this one is so tall that I hop into bed, so I'm a good three feet off the floor. I nearly fell out of bed twice, and I think that would hurt. This will take some getting used to. I'm glad we did it though. It's our investment in good sleep and better heath for the new year. It's also a matter of ONLY us having slept in the bed that we'll be starting our married life in. Perhaps that is odd or superstitious, but it mattered.

Here's to better sleep!

Because we want to sleep like those little babies manage to! Photo by my betrothed.

No comments:

Post a Comment