Saturday, January 16, 2010

A good day

Today is going to be AWESOME! :)

It's not off to the most awesome of starts, as I had to get up in the middle of the night to take more meds to keep from actually coughing up my lung. Getting up in the middle of the night messes with my blood sugar, so I am impatiently waiting for the cereal bar to level me out. Light-headed only sounds fun.

The guys will be here to game soon. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but I make breakfast for them every Saturday. Today, I think they're getting either pancakes or waffles.

Soon after that, hairdresser bridesmaid is coming over to spend the day with me. We're going to figure out if we really want to color my hair. I've never, ever, ever colored my hair. I'm 31 and have never dyed it, not once. Part of that is a heaping helping of pride. My hair grows in red, and I find that natural red hair is a bit rare. The other part is sheer terror! Hairdresser bridesmaid explained how you have to destroy your own pigment for the cuticle to open and accept artificial color, therefore your hair will never, ever, ever be the color it was again. I trust her on this stuff. The thought of never having natural hair again is horrifying. It's just that.....well I am 31. I don't know if you've noticed but redheads grey.......early and a lot. I'm somewhat lucky. My mother is a natural red, and she's been very grey since 17. Her very naturally red cousin has a two inch streak of grey that happened in high school as well. My dad on the other hand, who is also a natural redhead, really never did grey. His hair just faded and faded and now he's blond. While I don't have a two inch streak of grey, I do have quite a bit. And like my father, the red isn't as vibrate as in my early 20s. So, I am so torn and SO VERY SCARED! We'll do what she thinks is best though. She's never lead me astray.

We also get to see my photographer Nichole AT my venue! That's super exciting. The Atriums is hosting an open house today from 11an to 3pm!

And tonight is the Colt's playoff game! We're having two groomsmen, two bridesmaids, and another close friend to watch the game. I'm making one of my betrothed's favorites: cheese rangoons. I'll add panko-crusted, oven-baked chicken nuggets and four layer dip. It's four layers because I have so many picky eaters among my friends. So, I just do the least objectionable layers.

So, that should all lead to one awesome, yet tumultuous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment