Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh my God, Ponies!


Okay, no, this is not what you think. It is not a post about the Colts. Though, really, aren't they awesome?! Hehe......

No, no, this is a post about my teeny-tiny attention span. This week, I honestly feel like a distracted four year old. I swear to God, if there was a flashing light somewhere, it would totally captivate me.....for five seconds until the next shiny thing did. My betrothed and I mockingly call this the "Oh my God, Ponies" affect. Just watch the opening sequence to any cartoon, and you will know exactly what I'm talking about. It's all quick-moving, flashing, color splashes that only last as long as a small child's attention span in this world of video games will allow. I'd say that time span is roughly .5 of a second.

I tend to be one of those antsy people anyhow. I am not unable to relax, when the time calls for relaxation. On a daily basis, though, I detest being idle. I've had some idle time at work - there's a spans during month end where I sort of have to wait for other things to be wrapped up before I can do anything with the data - and my brain is flipping out because of it. This is due to the fact that I know that I have, oh, HOURS of unfinished wedding chores, and I'm just sitting there......THINKING about them. It is enough to drive a bride insane!

So, my mind has been jumping around from place to place, trying to find a spot to land so that I can focus. No dice. I've been making lists. Lists make me feel accomplished. Lists can be marked through to show progress. I sometimes put things on the list that I can do right that moment.....just to have something on the list that's X'ed through.

I know, I know. What can I say??

No comments:

Post a Comment