Friday, June 4, 2010

More on music

The music for the ceremony wasn't just put into order and played on our big day. Nope. All three songs were modified. My hubby had convert two of the songs from video files to audio files. He also cleaned them up a bit. This was after a couple hours of searching for the "right" versions of the songs to even try this on. The song I walked down the aisle to was far too long. It had a long lead-in. To me, the lead-in wasn't all the recognizable, and it was a little too slow to walk down the aisle to as well. So, he spliced the first few notes of the intro into a portion about 30-45 seconds into the song that picks up the main melody. And it was sliced SEAMLESSLY. He really did a great job on it. Within 15 seconds of the song playing, anyone that has ever heard the song would recognize it.

Thank goodness he knows his way around all sorts of computer programs, because this would have NEVER happened if it was left to me. I can barely download songs, much less manipulate them. This was part of the planning/prep process that showed me that if we both work to our strengths, then we can accomplish anything we set our minds to.

And I loved our quirky, non-traditional music.

No comments:

Post a Comment