Thursday, June 24, 2010

A year ago today....

He gave me this...........

And asked if he could turn it into this............

In case you didn't guess, I meant the ring, not the beer!

It was a Wednesday, just an ordinary Wednesday, in the middle of an ordinary week. He insisted that we do our monthly trip to BJs Brewhouse to celebrate our first date, even though we were a week late and had been out of town visiting his parents. We did our usual appetizer and a nice brew, then left. On our way out the door, he muttered "are you sure you wanna marry me....I'm kind a dork" (Word substituted as what he really said could be offensive.....and I'm not looking to offend anyone today.) I said that was why I loved him, so yes. He walked me to my car, gave me a longer-than-usual "see you at home" kiss.....and started sinking to his knee. Sadly, I'll never know exactly what he would have said, because I didn't let him get all the way down there nor did I let him ask. In my excitement, I squealed and snatched the ring. It was on my finger in less than a second without the box even being fully opened. Um....oops? What can I say; I got excited. And stayed excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment