Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pouring

The rain is out to get me! Yesterday, just in time for my long, long commute home, rain came out of nowhere. It wasn't a light summer shower, oh no. It was one of those red blogs on the radar that brings about flash flooding. I had to forgo the gym, since a flooded parking lot with lightning strikes seemed like a poor choice. And now, when I have to leave for work in a half hour - on that long, long commute - my entire county is covered in a big red blog! Must it be during rush hour, really?

I am happy to announce, though, that even though I did not go to the gym, I did not take the night off. I did a yoga video at home in my front room. It was a the lightest level, and I was literally screaming. My muscles were definitely NOT feeling like warm rubber bands, able to move at will. Nah, they were far more like frozen rubber bands, which are brittle and will crack when stretched. I literally had to take breaks during this very simple routine because things were ceasing up! My oh my, apparently I need more yoga in my workout routine!

And I HURT this morning....from 2o minutes of yoga! Who knew, right? Pitiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment