Monday, October 25, 2010

Granola - Attempt #3

So, the orange ginger granola has now been affectionately deemed "crack" in this household.  It was seriously some of the best granola I've ever eaten.  I found myself eating ALL of what I'd packed in my lunch instead of my usual half that I was eating with the pumpkin spice granola. 

I decided to come up with my own recipe this time instead of tweaking someone else's.  This is solely because I could not find what I was looking for.  My craving was for molasses and peanut butter.  Sounds like a great combo, right?  So, that's just what I did! 


Peanut Butter Molasses Granola
1/3 c peanut butter
1/3 c canola oil
1/3 c molasses
1/2 t vanilla extract
3 c rolled oats
1/2 c wheat germ
1/3 c pumpkin seeds
1/3 c chopped walnuts
1/4 c sunflower seeds

Mix the first four ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat.  Stir often until the peanut butter is completely integrated into the molasses and oil mixture.  Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Pour wet into dry and mix well.  Bake on a jelly pan at 325, stirring every 10 minutes until the mixture dries to your liking.  Mine took 30 minutes.

The color on this granola is far darker due to the molasses.  The taste is rich and more robust than the other granolas.  My husband grabbed a handful out of the pan and proclaimed it delicious!  Can't argue with those results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment