Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A happy jingle

I wanted to encourage our guests to make noise when we were pronounced husband and wife and kissed. To me, that should inspire whooping, hollering, clapping, cheers, and just an all around joyous sound. That's the moment you do all of this for, right?? So, I made noise makers.


I used a portion of a poem by Edgar Allan Poe printed on cardstock then glued pretty scraps of paper. A little hole punched in the corner allowed me to tread ribbon and bells onto the card. Getting the bells on the ribbon was a pain! It took hours. I used this amazing ribbon all over the wedding - included in the bouquets, corsages, bouts, favors, invites - that was 100% silk and custom dyed. Go check out Cam Creations. The ribbon is truly awesome. It's also a tad on the fragile side. So the bells tried to shred the ribbon. I taped the ribbon to a toothpick, threaded all the bells on, then just moved them down the spool in order to section it out so that there were a pair of bells per poem card. They were a lot of work, but it was so cook to hear all the bells at the end of our ceremony......along with some whooping and hollering.

Photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment