Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day brightener

I'm not sure which is more exciting: lunch at a new little hole in the wall or lunch with my best friend. When you combine the two, well, I can barely contain myself! I met my best maid at a place called Constanin's today in Addison. Seriously, go there. It felt like we were eating lunch in a Romanian mama's kitchen! It was warm and inviting with food that warmed the soul. Bonus, it was totally affordable.

We ate the homecooked buffet of three hearty dishes plus fresh baked bread and salad. After, we split a strudel and a cookie. Then in a massive burst of powdered sugar, I nearly snorted my water straight out of my nose! Now, that's a good lunch. It set me in a fantastic mood for the rest of the day, albeit a little feisty. It was just the mid-week boost I needed.

Thank goodness for friends. Go visit one! Make your day better. It's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment