Friday, July 9, 2010

Food in Review

This week contained some mighty good eats. And yet, most remain uncaptured because I simply cannot remember to pick up a camera before picking up a fork! But I do a have for you. That's one up on last week!

Monday, we had a fajita feast that was to die for! It contained a huge, lovely flank steak from Central Market, yellow bells, onions, avocados, salsa, sour cream, and CM whole wheat tortillas with spicy organic black beans on the side. It hit all the right spots!

Tuesday, our left over half flank steak was recreated into an arugula steak salad with Stilton bleu cheese crumbles and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.


Wednesday was sausage and veggies over creamy polenta. It's becoming a household staple, generally made of CM roma chicken sausage, peppers, onions, any other veggie in the house simmered in fire roasted tomatoes and poured over polenta that's been spiked with lemon zest and parmesan. So freaking good. It's my kind of soul food. The only downside...both the husband and I decided to wear our dinner. That'll teach us to be so laid back while eating!

Last night was a first. I needed to use up the rest of the whole wheat tortillas. I came up with refried spicy black bean and sweet potato burritos. My handy-dandy, brand spanking new processor was involved! So exciting. It sliced the sweet potato like warm butter. Ah....heaven! I did the sweet potatoes up like home fries with onions. The warm black beans were smeared on warm tortillas, topped with sweet potato home fries, shredded pepper jack and grilled in a dry pan then topped with homemade sour cream sauce and salsa. Let me tell you, it sound odd, but it was absolutely delicious! Even my husband thought so. WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment