Monday, July 5, 2010

One woman show

Sadly, my husband has to work today. The university considers today a workday since the 4th fell on the weekend. While I think that is personally lame, I can't argue too much because they allow him far, far more days off than most business allow employees. He gets nearly two weeks at Christmas. Anyhow, this means that I have the house to myself today! It's a very rare phenomenon. What to do, what to do?

I think I'll get all domestic and clean things that are long neglected. I do a basic clean every week, but there are those other little things that just don't get done. I always feel refreshed when every surface of the house has had a good scrubbing! Then, I'm off to a few of my biggest luxuries: health food stores. I'd like to stock up on a few things, and sadly, they're so far away that I can't go often. Actually, that's probably a blessing in disguise! We'd be broke if I could go more often! They don't call it Whole Paycheck for nothing. At least my frugal, tightwad self doesn't allow for me blowing the budget. I'm quite the savvy shopper when it comes to those joints.

Yeah, not the most glamorous way to spend a day off, huh? What are you doing with your bonus weekend time?

No comments:

Post a Comment