Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Granola Bars - Attempt #4


These are GLORIOUS. Mama Peas is a food genius. I will be purchasing her upcoming book, even though I am neither vegetarian nor vegan. Her food is good. Period. No meat necessary. This is the second bar of Mama Peas that I've tried. The first was her version of a KIND bar, which also rocked my world. She deemed these vegan energy bars. Mine weren't vegan. I used dark chocolate instead of vegan chips.


They're slightly crumbly, but absolutely amazing. They reminded me of those childhood no-bake oatmeal cookies that my mom made for us. Now that in and of itself makes them a winner in my book! I used homemade peanut butter from my awesome new food processor!!! It was the star of this bar. Great texture. Very filling. Happy belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment