Friday, July 2, 2010

Food in Review

I thought I'd try sharing a few of our meals each week. Here's the problem: I forget to take photos! I make the food. I eat the food. Oops.....all gone and no photos. I'll try to do better with it, but I only photographed one meal this week.

Sunday and Tuesday, we had homemade turkey slow cooker meatballs on whole wheat hoagies topped in mozzarella. One night, it was accompanied by sweet potato fries. The other, baked "fried" okra.

Monday and Wednesday, we had a total summer favorite: taco salad. This one featured chicken breast instead of ground beef.


Thursday, I used left over homemade marinara from the meatballs to top an oven baked version of eggplant parm with a side of spiced cannelloni beans and caesar salad. I love baking the breaded eggplant because it still gets a crispy crust of breading while allowing the eggplant to get creamy on the inside the way only roasting it slowly can accomplish.

If any of these pique your interest, I'd be glad to tell you how I made them.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment