Monday, July 26, 2010

On the right foot

I'm determined to start this week off on a more prepared note than last week. Last week, Monday started with two sleepless nights in a row, about to be a third! The rest of the week was destroyed by our lack of sleep which made us unable to make any headway toward feeling rested or caught up the rest of the week. By Friday, I was a grouchy little beast and my husband looked utterly numb.

As of Sunday evening, I feel far more rested (yeah, I'm still tired but I don't feel like I've been run over by a 4x4 anymore). I'm getting used to this new puppy routine. 2am walks aren't entirely enjoyable, but at least she keeps it to one outing a night. I've got lunches for the next two days prepped. I've got one dinner pre-cooked. I've got simple meals planned for the rest of the week. And we cleaned the house on Sunday. Nary a dish remains in our sink to wake up to! Other than "tend puppy" and cook dinner, we don't have any house chores for the week. That's the best I can do to help us have a more restful, easy week than last week.

Now....let's just see if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment