Friday, August 20, 2010

Food in Review

We MADE it!!! Happy Friday.

This week was full of great food, but I'm not sure I can properly convey it due to my lack of photos. Again.

Sunday night, we had a scrumptious steak salad with mixed greens, avocado and a few tidbits from the farmers market! There were grilled red onions, tomatoes, wax peppers, gruyere, and strip steak! Sadly, even though this steak is from a grass-fed cattle, it was tough as rubber. (Whaa, whaa). I'm willing to try again though.

Next up: sliders! I made the patties from more grass fed beef, but this beef was amazing. I mixed in a little finely diced peppers and onions, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. The patties were so, so good! I served them on hawaiin rolls with grilled onions and spicy cole slaw made with shredded cabbage mix, yogurt, mayo, and chipotles. Served with sweet potato crinkle fries.



I was craving pasta, but we can't just have spaghetti in this house. My husband had far too many bowls of "plain" spaghetti in his lifetime, so I have to be a bit more creative. I made grilled chicken parmigiana with free range chicken breast, pounded out thin and grilled. I served it on a bed of whole wheat angel hair, sauced with arrabiatta sauce with fresh spinach and red onions. I topped the whole thing with mozzarella and broiled it. I REALLY wish I'd taken photos of this! I even did it in individual casseroles! So cute. And so tasty.

Thursday brought about time for a meatless meal. We had cheese and jalapeno tamales from The Tamale Company with seasoned black beans. Simple to make but totally decadent. These tamales are totally worth the trip to a local farmers market! Find them. Find them now!


And because I can.....Riley had a vet visit yesterday! She's growing at two pound a week. That's insane to me. Look at how big she is!


Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment