Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oppressive....

I don’t know about you all, but I am just about sick of summer. That’s right, I said it. SICK.OF.IT! It’s been 100+ since July 31st! The humidity has also been purely insane. It makes it hard to do anything! It makes it even harder to WANT to do anything. Is anyone else feeling as beat down and lethargic as I am about this oppressive heat?! What’s worse, it’s still sticky hot at 3am when we take Riley out for her late night restroom breaks! Yep….there’s just NO reprieve. Riley doesn’t even want to take walks right now. You know it’s hot when a four-month-old puppy can’t seem to muster the will to roam the great outdoors.

I’m trying to drag myself to the gym at lunch, and lately this is just an effort in futility. It’s hot in my office. I get overly hot at the gym due to not cooling off enough at any point in the day. Then I end up feeling ill all afternoon from getting too hot while working out at lunch. I’m starting to wonder if I just need to take a break until the temps aren’t triple digits anymore.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

And let’s not even get started on what my electric bill will look like because of this hot mess!

Oh, I went to the gym anyhow. It was just as nasty as I suspected it would be. Bother!


No comments:

Post a Comment